On a C220M4, I discovered that the controller configures the drives as JBOD. Fixing this is easy, but not quite as straightforward as one would expect... especially considering that the controller has been a mainstay of servers for a very long time.
1. Go into the controller firmware (I had to do a control-M before I saw the control-R option):
As you can see, create virtual drives is not an option. Select "Make Unconfigured Good"
Recently, I had to install ESXi 5.5 on a Cisco rackmount server. VMware crashed with the purple screen of death.
Here's the display:
These are relatively new servers, so there was nothing especially helpful on the web. Other people had this problem, but I couldn't find any real solutions, other than a reference to C states on the CPU.
I experimented a bit and figured that CPU power savings might be the problem (I'd seen this before on Opteron servers.)
The fix is to set CPU performance to HPC (it defaults to Enterprise) in BIOS:
That's advanced -> CPU Performance -> HPC (from Enterprise)
I recently had to do a failover on a pair of ASA5520s. On failing over to the secondary, AnyConnect stopped working. I did not see a license error, but users who connected received this error:
AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server
There weren't any smoking guns in the logs. I did notice that the newest version of the config was missing the client image definitions in webvpn. They were in the flash drive, but not copied to the secondary. So, when the secondary took over, this portion of the config was dropped.
The solution was to re-add the images:
anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-4.3.00748-k9.pkg 1
I have had terrible issues with a mid-2010 MBP 15" core i7 laptop. Doing a clean installation of either Yosemite or El Capitan, the installer fails toward the end or crashes on first boot. I have not tried a fresh Mavericks install. However, a restore from a Mavericks time machine backup works perfectly fine. Alternatively, a linux installation also worked well with no crashes.
Quite a few posts suggest it is a log board problem and that Apple would fix it. However, being impatient, I tried my own work around. I noticed that the problem didn't happen if I reduced the RAM from 8GB to 4GB (1 stick of DDR 3 instead of 2.)
A prevailing theory for this failure is that the Nvidia 330M card was crashing the system when it switched from the onboard to the 330M.
A couple of suggested work arounds:
1. disable automatic video switching in power preferences. This will likely consume battery at a faster rate